Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Waiting.....

We are waiting for our foster care license to be approved. Last Friday we signed off on our home study. We can expect a 4-6 week wait until we are officially licensed. There is a great need for new families in our area. It is normal to get a placement call with in minutes of approval. We are taking up to three children in addition to our two at home all are six and under.
The beds are in place. Clothing reserves have been sorted. I gave notice to one of my volunteer jobs. I have special one on one activities planned with the girls. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep I am waiting.

4 comments:

Yondalla said...

Here I am. I will subscribe and add you to the blog roll when I update...which should be soon.

Unknown said...

well hello there!
Your comment about the sorted clothing reserves cracked me up. I have bins in the closet for newborns up to age 2! And most are seperated boy and girl. running out of room!!!
Looking forward to keeping up with your journey~

Kari said...

Welcome to the world of blogs and foster care! Another blog to read...my laundry is never going to get folded! ~Kari

rachel said...

I don't remember where I came across your blog but I'm keeping an eye on it now to see when you get children. Your statement about waiting from the time you wake up till you go to bed just sums it all up!